[Stackless] Stackless ported to 2.2.3

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Aug 26 16:20:40 CEST 2003

Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Jeff Senn:
>
>> Well... I did (on my OS X 10.2.6):
>>  ./configure --enable-framework
>>  make
>>
>> Everything seems fine until: [...]
>
> Confirmed! This seems to be an issue with the framework build only,
> though. If you do a vanilla ./configure and make it does compile.

Framework builds have most of Python in a shared library.  This would
explain the need for the DL_IMPORT/DL_EXPORT nargery.  The correct
answer are 2.3's PyAPI_DATA, PyAPI_FUNC macros, but they are
non-trivial to port to the land of 2.2.  It's probably not that hard
to cobble something together that works for MacOS X, though.

If you're on OS X you really want to be using 2.3, anyway, but if you
also want stackless I'm not sure what you can do (well, paying
Christian to port stackless to 2.3 would be a good start, I guess :-).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I also fondly recall Paris because that's where I learned to
  debug Zetalisp while drunk.                          -- Olin Shivers