[Stackless] f_locals

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Aug 2 07:11:19 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:25:24PM +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Christian Tismer wrote:
>
> >Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> >
> >>Is the lack of f_locals on stackless.baseframe objects by design, or
> >>is it simply an oversight?
> >

> >I just changed this. f_locals gives the same as globals
> >now.
> >
> >Please note that the CVS site has changed.
> >
> >CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at centera.de/home/cvs
>
> grrrr!!!
>
> CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at centera.de:/home/cvs

Anonymous access is broken.

chris at radii ~/Projects% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at centera.de:/home/cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at centera.de:2401/home/cvs
CVS password:

chris at radii ~/Projects% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at centera.de:/home/cvs co stackless
cvs server: Updating stackless
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/stackless' (/home/cvs/stackless/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/stackless'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I don't know how much you know about CVS administration, so here's the
rundown:

Unfortunately, this means that you need to give the user that
anonymous runs as write access to the directories. However, you can
prevent the anonymous user from actually modifying or checking in any
files by putting "anonymous" in the "readers" file in your CVSROOT.

Another however, there's a way to set up a hierarchy of lock
directories that's separate from your cvs root, if you're paranoid
enough to not trust CVS's own access restrictions. I don't quite
remember how to do this, though.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/