[Stackless] Stackless Portability

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Dec 30 07:59:11 CET 2003

On Dec 29, 2003, at 6:03 PM, Fred Frick wrote:

> Is stackless known to work on any platform other than a Win32 PC? I am
> interested in determining if stackless is portable beyond the
> PC specifically to the PS2, Gamecube, and XBox. Linux and Mac
> portability would be great also but is not as important. I know that
> standard Python has been ported to the PS2 and Gamecube but I am
> unsure about stackless. My company is evaluating stackless for use in
> gaming but we must first determine its viability on these other
> platforms. Is anyone aware of any "gotchas" that would prevent
> porting stackless to the afore mentioned platforms?

I know from experience that Stackless works on darwin-ppc (OS X) and
linux-x86.  I don't see any reason why Stackless wouldn't work on GC
(especially because stackless is confirmed working on 32bit PowerPC),
Xbox (because it's not really different than win32), or PS2 (well, I
don't believe anything in Stackless is particularly platform
specific).. if it doesn't work out of the box, it should be trivial to
port.

-bob