[Stackless] Newbie questions

Arman Bostani arman at twinsun.com
Fri Feb 21 03:29:44 CET 2003

Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> What kind of timeframe are you outlining for the port?
>
> I'm beginning my major thesis, and in this phase of clarifying the goal of the
> thesis, I'm currently looking at the Join-calculus
> "http://pauillac.inria.fr/join/", thinking it would be nice to use such high
> level concepts in a language like Python. Such a thing would require/benefit
> from microthreads and the ability to pickle them, and knowing approximately
> when this would be available would really help my planning.
> Jørgen

The timeframe really depends on when Stackless 3.0 is finished.  As per a
23.  I don't know for sure, but I think he's close and just needs to find the
time to finish it.

To port our thread pickling code to 3.0, I would conservatively estimate that
it'll take about one calendar month.

Hope this helps,
-arman