[Stackless] Newbie questions

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Feb 14 20:23:18 CET 2003

I have been following Stackless development from a distance for a while, out
of pure curiosity, but now I am more directly interested, so I downloaded a
copy and subscribed to this list. To prove my complete ignorance, and to show
my laziness (I could of course get all the answers from the code), I'll start
with some questions:

1) How does Stackless cooperate with C extension modules? Are there any
    precautions that need to be taken?

2) What are the semantics of channel transfers? Are the received objects
    identical to the sent one, or are they shallow copies, deep copies, ...?

BTW, the two applications that got me interested in Stackless are GUI issues
(having a "GUI thread" and a "compute thread" even on platforms that don't
support pthreads) and parallel computing. The latter may seem strange given
the inherently serial nature of Stackless, but it isn't ;-) More later, if
anyone is interested.

Konrad.