[Stackless] Debugging

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Feb 21 15:22:11 CET 2003

Is there any way to debug tasklets in Stackless?

I don't ask because I need it right now, but after finishing my first
BSP/Stackless implementation, which uses only one real processor, I was
wondering if it couldn't be useful already in its current state for debugging
parallel code, a notoriously difficult problem.

It is in fact already useful for that, as a crash in any tasklet permits me to
use pdb to debug that tasklet, something which is already very hard with real
parallel processes, where only process #0 is accessible for debugging. But it
would be nice if I could inspect the state of other tasklets as well.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr