[Stackless] Debugging

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri Feb 21 21:53:56 CET 2003

Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> Is there any way to debug tasklets in Stackless?

Yes, a little.

> I don't ask because I need it right now, but after finishing my first
> BSP/Stackless implementation, which uses only one real processor, I was
> wondering if it couldn't be useful already in its current state for debugging
> parallel code, a notoriously difficult problem.

You can right now intercept every scheduling
action by assigning to schedule_callback or such.
There is also a more direct loggin feature for
channel send/receive.

please look into

 >>> help(stackless)

> It is in fact already useful for that, as a crash in any tasklet permits me to
> use pdb to debug that tasklet, something which is already very hard with real
> parallel processes, where only process #0 is accessible for debugging. But it
> would be nice if I could inspect the state of other tasklets as well.

If you need something specific there, let me know
and I'll build it in.

ciao - chris