[Stackless] Debugging

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Sat Feb 22 21:23:06 CET 2003

On Friday 21 February 2003 21:53, Christian Tismer wrote:

> You can right now intercept every scheduling
> action by assigning to schedule_callback or such.

Nice! I'll play with that.

> There is also a more direct loggin feature for
> channel send/receive.

Not so essential for me, as all communications happens simultaneously anyway,
so it is easy to observe.

> If you need something specific there, let me know
> and I'll build it in.

At first glance it looks as if everything was there. What I want to do is to
be able to inspect variables in tasklets that are blocked in channel
receives. It should be possible to get a reference to the stack frame just
before the tasklet goes to sleep by installing a channel callback. At the end
of a BSP superstep (one computation/communication cycle), a debugger would
then have access to all the stack frames of all (virtual) processes.

I'll look into this when I find some time - this could be the world's first
interactive debugger for parallel programs.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr