[Stackless] Newbie questions

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Feb 17 20:27:09 CET 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 19:51, Russ Cox wrote:

> I disagree.  Threading a la Stackless Python is
> a good solution for putting concurrency into applications.
> See http://plan9.bell-labs.com/~rsc/thread/ for more
> arguments to that effect.

We need more terminology... I was thinking of threads as implemented in the
pthread library, with real parallelism, locks, deadlocks, and communication
via shared memory. The variant in Stackless Python is very different, based
on a system of synchronizing communication. I don't have enough experience
with it to have an opinion, but it sure is not the same as OS threads.

Konrad.