[Stackless] Tasklet/Channels Examples

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Thu Feb 6 21:19:23 CET 2003

Rodrigo Senra wrote:
>  On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:33:18 +0100
>  Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> wrote
>  about Re: [Stackless] Tasklet/Channels Examples:
>  | >  and started reading the 600 msgs (maybe the 14th herculean task).
>  | This is a waste of time.
>
>  I obviuosly disagree. =)
>  It was very educative to me. I've learned something  about programming
>  language implementations and PVM guts for free.

Ok. I misread you in the way that you were a bit complaining
that you had to dig though all of that in order to
find when continuations were dead.
This is in fact on the web page.

Also I'd like to ask you to keep these versions apart.
Technically, they have almost nothing in common, and
I probably should have started a new mailing list.

SLP 2.0 was a complete start-over after changing the
rules. Now, 3.0 is merging old ideas with new ones,
so parts of my old recursion-avoiding code gets
re-animated, but with the new API and restrictions.

Therefore, you can forget completely about all messages
mentioning continuations, unless you really want
to learn about them. But then, a Scheme book is
getting you more. :-)

all the best - chris