[Stackless] Newbie questions

Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld jhf at hex.no
Fri Feb 21 03:08:12 CET 2003

What kind of timeframe are you outlining for the port?

I'm beginning my major thesis, and in this phase of clarifying the goal of the
thesis, I'm currently looking at the Join-calculus
"http://pauillac.inria.fr/join/", thinking it would be nice to use such high
level concepts in a language like Python. Such a thing would require/benefit
from microthreads and the ability to pickle them, and knowing approximately
when this would be available would really help my planning.
On Monday 17 February 2003 07:46, Arman Bostani wrote:
> Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> > BTW, I saw hints about thread pickling, is that a reality already? It
> > could be useful in moving threads between CPUs.
> As Christian mentioned, we've already developed thread pickling for
> Stackless 1.0.  We plan to port this to 3.0 once its out.  We've
> actually developed a whole Zope-based workflow management system on
> top of Stackless which supports thread migration (among other things).
> Anyway, we'll opensource the thread pickling part as soon as its
> ported to 3.0.
> Regards,
> -arman

- --
Sincerely | Homepage:
Jørgen    | http://www.hex.no/jhf
          | Public GPG key:
          | http://www.hex.no/jhf/key.txt

Scientists still know less about what attracts men than they do about
what attracts mosquitoes.
		-- Dr. Joyce Brothers,
		"What Every Woman Should Know About Men"

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at www.tismer.com