[Stackless] Newbie questions

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 18 17:57:35 CET 2003

I think the really key difference is that stackless tasks are actually
in the same operating system thread.  The advantage of this is that
it's a lot simpler to reason about (I hypothesize).  The disadvantage
is that if you have 64 CPU's the tasks are only using one of them
at any given moment.  Other than that I see no big theoretical difference
In particular you can emulate locks, deadlocks shared memory etc.

I don't like pthreads that much :(.  Could be just my fear and ignorance.
   -- Aaron Watters