[Stackless] looking for some guidance

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Jul 2 01:06:56 CEST 2003

James.A.Ross at honeywell.com wrote:

> Hello Christian
>
> I am doing some realtime development and  I am trying to setup Stackless so
> I can use the tasklets as part of a simulation.  I am having trouble with
> the install and I can't find installation instructions so I am hoping you
> can provide some quick advice
>
> I am running Windows 2000
> I installed latest Python binaries (2.2.3) successfully in C:\Python22
> I downloaded stackless window binaries and installed in C:\Python22\spc

Problem 1: Stackless is currently at 2.2.2
Problem 2: The binaries are out of date. Stackless 3.0 is currently
            in CVS, only.

> I cannot import continuations so I must be doing something wrong.  I can
> import threads etc

Problem 3: Continuations are no longer supported. This is a dead
            feature from Stackless 1.0

> Can you provide any quick insights?

I'm currently working on the 2.2.3 port and about to publish
Stackless 3.0, with a windows installer.
You might either wait for this, or use CVS, build pythoncore,
and use the created python 22.dll, but this is 2.2.2

Then, help(stackless) from the interactive prompt gives you
quite some help. But there is more to come, pretty soon.

ciao - chris