[Stackless] stackless and threads

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Sun Jul 13 22:46:01 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 14:44, Christian Tismer wrote:

> At the moment, under circumstances, it will crash.
> I had that complaint before. What I have to do at least
> is to avoid switches between tasklets from different threads.
> I don't know whether it makes sense to build real thread
> switching into tasklets, or just let them raise an exception.

Mm. I was hoping to have the ability to migrate tasklets between
threads.. i.e. create a tasklet in a thread that does, say, network
processing, and then add it to the tasklet runnable queue of another OS
thread.  Thus the network thread could do natural poll() or whatnot
based waiting for input, and the tasklets could be cooperatively
scheduled on another thread.

In any case, I look forward to playing with whatever you come up with in
the future :)

	- Vlad