[Stackless] Context Switch

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Jun 11 03:40:54 CEST 2003

Hi Austine Jane,

> When does current SPython context-switch? Is it only when the explicit
> schedule or channel send/receive is called?

At the moment, it only does a context switch, when either
a channel is resuming a waiting takslet, or if you just
schedule() to the next runnable tasklet.

> Can I make it context-switch
> on time slices like ordinary threads?

You will be able to do this, pretty soon.
I'm just fixing some issues with the new Stacless 3.0
main feature: pickling of tasklets.
When this is done, the stackless.run() method will
grow a timeslice parameter, which controls how often
to switch tasklets, automaticlly.
(No fear: This will only happen to tasklets which have
explictly been registered for explicit scheduling).

ciao -- chris