[Stackless] nchat/lattice experiments

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Tue Jun 10 18:49:16 CEST 2003

I've got more stackless based http experiments for you-all to look at.

Demo:  http://207.44.140.37/cgi-bin/nchat.cgi
    -- a web chat component with a number of cool features (built as a
test).
        It works on at least one version of IE and Navigator running on
win32.
        I hope it works elsewhere too.  Let me know if you have problems.

Code:   http://207.44.140.37/downloads/lattice.zip
    -- includes stackless based http tools of a general nature.

Here is the readme
=========
This is the latest installment of Aaron Watter's
experiments building http tools with stackless python
(as of Tue Jun 10 07:47:16 CDT 2003).

This is a very alpha release.  You are on your
own if you want to understand how it works right now.

The only interesting demo included is an http mediated
web chat with multiple rooms, private messages, user
icons.  This application was put together as a test
of how useful the underlying infrastructure is for building
really complicated web based services.  Conclusion:
I like it (ymmv).

To start it up do this:

      stackless_python nchat.py

if all goes well you will see something like this:

      starting monitor mainloop:
      now starting on port 8000

Then direct a browser to http://localhost:8000/test

NOTE: The nchat application makes use of pop up windows
  and javascript.  If you have a "pop up blocker" running
  or other security restrictions it may interfere with nchat.