[Stackless] API suggestions

Oren Tirosh oren-slp at hishome.net
Fri Mar 28 15:26:57 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 03:58:12AM +0100, Christian Tismer wrote:
> No problem to get a C version. I just need to wind my brain
> around that a little more. Sounded not bad so far, but still
> a little foreign. My fault, anyway.

I think you might have a tendency to see things more in terms of how you
are implementing them rather than how they are going to be used. If you do
it would be perfectly natural. Nobody's fault.

Even the name "stackless" is focused on the implementation. From my point
of view I see a system for lightweight concurrency where I don't have to
worry too much about locking and other nasty details that plague threads.
I couldn't care less whether it uses the C stack or not.

    Oren