[Stackless] Functions vs. Classes

Jordan McCoy jordanm at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 28 22:39:55 CET 2003

Greetings all.

First off, pretty glad I found stackless, it's exactly what I need for some
of the work I'm doing. I do have a question though, and thought I would ask
this list before concocting a test.

I have an interest in replacing the function usually given a tasklet with a
callable object; thus each tasklet would be running an actual class object
rather then a function. I know there will be a performance hit due to the
class overhead, but I need to know how much of a hit it would be. Has anyone
tried this before, and produced hard numbers? Any general thoughts?

Thanks,
Jordan