[Stackless] Inquiry

Giovanni Bajo giovannibajo at libero.it
Mon Nov 10 14:58:19 CET 2003

On Sunday, November 09, 2003 4:13 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> wrote:

> One problem is to avoid as much C stack situations as
> possible, since I see no healthy way to unpickle a C stack.

In my experience, the biggest problem we found out with thread pickling is that
we were unable to pickle threads due to "CFrame" objects. As Christian explained
us, these are not C stacks (which we *never* create, and it's not even hard in
our application), but a different kind of object, which is created in very
common situations, like tasklet(self.method)(). It was way to common in our
codebase.

Another issue is that it _looked_ like a tasklet switching was happening in the
middle of object unpickling (causing of course misbehaviour of the program). We
were not sure it was actually our fault (like a stackless.schedule() during
__setstate__ or something), but the issue ended up being too complex to debug.

Giovanni Bajo