[Stackless] Debian package for stackless ...

John S Costello jsac at math.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 5 05:32:05 CEST 2003

I've noticed that there's no Debian package for Stackless.  Since 3.0
final isn't out yet (much less the port to 2.3.x, which is the current
"standard" base python package in Debian) this may be jumping the gun a
little, but unless someone else had been planning to do so I'd like to
volunteer to look into packaging Stackless and getting it into Debian
unstable.  (It is too late to get Stackless into testing, since the next
release date is scheduled for December.)

Of course, the biggest problem may be that Debian's official policy seems
to be that packages need to compile on all supported platforms or it's a
release-critical bug, but I figure we can cross that bridge when we come
to it.

John S Costello                		                 jsac at math.arizona.edu