[Stackless] MacOS build...

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Apr 9 06:37:13 CEST 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 1:57 PM, Damian Jurd wrote:

> I've seen Bob's comment in a previous post saying that you shouldn't
> install a
> 2nd copy of Python under Panther. So how can I safely get a copy of
> stackless
> running under python? Should I pass some extra stuff to the configure
> script?
> Does this mean that it can't/shouldn't be built as a framework?

 From the dev tree..
../configure --enable-framework --with-framework-name=Stackless
make
sudo make frameworkinstall

Note that this will make /usr/local/bin/python*, but the framework will
be /Library/Frameworks/Stackless.framework.  I personally just rm -rf
/usr/local/bin/python* after a make frameworkinstall, and then I have a
symlink named stackless that points at
/Library/Frameworks/Stackless.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/
Stackless.app/Contents/MacOS/Stackless.

Let me know if you have problems, there are probably things I have
overlooked.  If it were ready to be a nice supported self-contained
thing on OS X, I would already be distributing it ;)

-bob