[Stackless] PDB support

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Feb 3 20:25:37 CET 2004

Hi Tom,

I checked in a patch for you last night, but for some
reason I don't seem to have sent my email off?

Anyway, I did a simplistic patch that seems to work with
PDB. The idea is to allow write access to f_trace without
actually writing.

Ok, ok, this maybe not the final cut.
There might be people who actually *want* a true f_trace
field. If that is so, then I have to do two things:

First, f_trace must really exist.
Second, I must do some tricks to hide the common tasklet_runner
frame. This is a frame which is shared, to make things easier.
There is no necessity to have this common frame but ease of
implementation. But the drawback is that this frame is
now visible as the topmost frame of any tasklet, and a change
of f_trace would become a global action since the frame is shared.

So I would have to change the frame implementation to hide f_back
if that happens to be this common frame, or either get rid of
that frame at all.
For the moment, I'm happy with the simple solution.
Comments welcome.

ciao - chris