[Stackless] how to check for C stack?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Feb 24 17:58:38 CET 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>>> I would appreciate if this patch went into the 2.2 branch, thanks.
>>
>> I'm just curious, why are you still using 2.2?  It seems odd to follow
>> an experimental branch of old software :)
>
> We're shipping products using an existing codebase, so the point is
> that there
> is no real reason for us to upgrade right now, it's just a risk.

Well, I would say it's at least as much of a risk to keep updating
stackless on a 2.2 codebase, because you are the only one who cares
about it.  Everyone else uses and tests with 2.3.  I'm surprised
Christian is willing to waste so much of his free time ensuring
compatibility for your products.  I doubt that will last forever
without a contract.  Also, I seriously doubt that sprint developers are
going to be paying any attention to 2.2 next month (I certianly won't
be), so the code bases could easily become out of sync in just a few
weeks.

-bob