[Stackless] Re: Stackless 3.0 for Python 2.3: new binaries

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sat Feb 21 22:24:34 CET 2004

Hi Paul,

>>New Win32 binaries have been uploaded to the Stackless website.
>

> Great - I just tried them, and they seem to run fine for me (I just
> put the new python23.dll into my PATH before the standard one, and ran
> the default python.exe).

Whow. I didn't know that this works. Fine!

> One thing - are there any bits of sample code showing how to use
> tasklets and channels?

I will probably build an installer which replaces python23.dll
for you and installs a few of those lousy sample scripts.
Right now, you can obtain them by downloading the CVS source,
they are in Stackless/test/ and Stackless/unittests/, there
is also a bit of sample C applications.

Another way is to wait until after the Stackless Sprint, which
will take place in Berlin, between Mach 9th and 18th. The
exact date depends on the rooms we can get. It will last four,
at most five days. I guess this will generate some decent
demo applications.
You are of course invited to join -- there is no better way
to learn about Stackless and to help pushing it forward!

cheers - chris