[Stackless] Policy for taking patches from 2.4?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Feb 19 03:47:00 CET 2004

There are some potential Python 2.4 features that I *really want to
have*.  Would it be reasonable for me to merge them into the Stackless
2.3.3 branch on a case by case basis, or should I maintain my own
version of stackless off-cvs?

Specifically, my life would be much improved if I had the extended def
syntax patch, that allows:

def foo(args) [decorators, appliedto, thefunction]:
     pass

which is equivalent to the current
def foo(args):
     pass
foo = thefunction(appliedto(decorators(foo)))

Imagine foo being
really_really_really_really_really_really_really_really_really_long_
and having to type it three times on a regular basis.  It really screws
up readability.

-bob