[Stackless] Getting Started

Doug Little littldo at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 15:23:21 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm working to port a tool called Pipelines from MVS.
It's written in 390 assembler and makes extensive use
of coroutines.  In trying to figure out what language
would support coroutines, I stumbled into stackless
Python.  Now, trying to get started. I've downloaded
the Windows distribution, replaced the core dll's and
can get the python startup message to say stackless,
But now what?

Being new to python as well as stackless, I don't even
know how to open the door.  I've reviewed the website
and mail list archives but it still isn't clear if
there is any doc, or what python commands/statments if
any are altered, enhanced, etc.

Can someone give me a few pointers on what I should do
next.   I've got a fairly well developed idea about
the object model if that would help.  I intend on
developing on Win2k, but have a fedora box also
available if necessary.

Thanks

=====
Doug Little