[Stackless] alive+paused+unscheduled tasklet GC problem

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jan 28 08:44:19 CET 2004

It seems like GC of tasklets causes some funky stuff to happen in the
mainloop.

I just checked in a new "old style" test to
2.3/src/Stackless/test/test_gc.py

The output (for me anyway, with a debug build) is this:
unbounded
-- creating tasklet

Tasklet:
     alive:           1
     paused:          0
     scheduled:       1
     recursion_depth: 0
     nesting_level:   0
     next:            <stackless.tasklet object at 0xbdad8>
     prev:            <stackless.tasklet object at 0xbdad8>

-- runloop
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
-- end inside

Tasklet:
     alive:           1
     paused:          1
     scheduled:       0
     recursion_depth: 1
     nesting_level:   1
     next:            None
     prev:            None

-- before GC
8

Breakpoint 1, PyEval_EvalFrame (f=0x1831a18) at ../Python/ceval.c:2357
2357                                            fprintf(stderr,
(gdb)

that breakpoint is where I noticed it.. it sets WHY_NOT, but is not
NULL!  The opcode is PRINT_NEWLINE, so what's happening is that it's
apparently running the next opcode before it throws the exception (it
does do that, after getting an XXX error).

-bob