[Stackless] Weakref support for tasklets

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Jan 29 22:52:29 CET 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> You should also consider that one word might not make a difference.  The
> allocator on Mac OS X, for example, always returns 128bit aligned
> pointers as an optimization for the AltiVec unit.  It completely ignores
> the low 3 bits of any address, so working with unaligned data is a chore!

Har har :)

More thoughts on this:
We also *might* consider to introduce another derived
type which has this feature enabled.
For the moment, I don't propose that.
Is it possible to derive a type in Python with weakref
enabled? That would be a reason to disable it by default
and to give the user the option.

> I'll go ahead and add weakref support to them as well.

If it is doable from Python, then we don't need to
enforce it in the implementation. Well, I don't know.

ciao - chris