[Stackless] ALT implementation

Tom Locke tom at livelogix.com
Fri Jan 9 06:07:07 CET 2004

> I have talked with Peter on this graceful termination issue. I found
> poisonabe
> channels concept better than poisonalbe processes concept, which was
> described
> in his graceful termination paper.

Indeed! Definitely the way to go. I *think* this idea originaly came
from Gerald Hilderink, creator of CTJ (the 'other' java csp library)

Peter's original paper was concerned with implementing graceful
termination for occam/transputer, where adding such functionality to the
channel was not an option. He also likes the new idea.

Tom.