[Stackless] Stackless 2.3 CVS on OS X, test failures

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Jan 25 13:06:54 CET 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2004, at 5:11 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> [crack:stackless/Stackless/test] bob% stackless test_pickle.py
>>   File "/usr/experimental/lib/python2.3/copy_reg.py", line 69, in
>> _reduce_ex
>>     raise TypeError, "can't pickle %s objects" % base.__name__
>> TypeError: can't pickle listiterator objects
>

> Obviously these are a Python problem, and not a Stackless problem.  This
> is something I could do.. here are the iterators that probably should be
> taken care of (off the top of my head):
>     listiterator
>     tupleiterator
>     dictionary-iterator
>     rangeiterator
>     xrange

This is something that I wanted to do right after getting
rid of all crashes. Unfortunately that keept me busy since
two weeks, now, and I'm still hunting one special case.

Adding this pickle support should not be too hard and quite
straight forward. Have a look at prickelpit.c where almost
all pickling code lives. There is some support that allows
to patch the type objects and method tables without patching
their source code at all, which I prefer, to keep the number of
patched files as small as possible. (I'm trying to reduce these,
further).  I guess it would be possible to create a few generic
functions for all iterators and control them via format strings,
since they are very similar?

cheers -- chris