[Stackless] Stackless and Psyco

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Jul 19 12:02:17 CEST 2004

Just a note on an old subject:

Mellon Gibson wrote:
> I can't get psyco to work with stackless, which is pretty critical for
> my application, as it's a tad bit too slow right now (about to 11% speed
> improvement would suffice to serve all clients instead of buying new
> hardware).

Regardless of your particular application,
Stackless is going to support Psyco now!

The latest version in the dev trunk has patches
which make it Psyco compatible.

But that's not all: I am going to enable generator
support for Psyco, a feature that is not available
without Stackless.

Note: You can run Psyco with Stackless, but you need
to re-compile.
The next Stackless release will contain a Psyco with
some extra specials for better collaboration with
Stackless.

cheers - chris