[Stackless] You cannot __reduce__ the tasklet ...

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Jun 2 19:47:50 CEST 2004

Arman Bostani wrote:

> Another dumb question: why do you want to forbid execution of pickled
> "current" tasklets?  What's special about them?

It is that I cannot capture the current frame in a consistent
way, since it is in a call to the tasklet's __reduce__ which
is not stackless. So the current tasklet would always show
up as one that raises an exception when run.
But maybe this would be ok.
This is where I wasn't sure about, but I agree that forbidding
it is a half-assed solution. The idea of tasklet pickling
is to pickle everything, even if it cannot be revived, just
to have some state to inspect or partially execute.

I will change this when i get an idea what to do.

cheers - chris