[Stackless] profiling

Kristján V. Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Wed Jun 9 19:37:57 CEST 2004

Hello there.
I know this has come up before, but I don´t think it has been resolved.  I´m trying to run the profiler with stackless
and am hitting crashes all the time.

I need something like hotshot.start() because the program doesn´t run in the scope of a single function.  (it´s integrated into a larger app.)
hotshot crashes.
So, I started modifying the standard "profile" module to keep a per-tasklet stack info tuple.   But now I´m crashing all the time.  (I´m using a WeakKeyDict with stackless.getcurrent() as key).  This is happening in the regular command line python thingy on Windows (with the stackless .dll) , btw, not the integrated app.

Has anyone come up with a suitable solution to profiling stackless code?  Hm, I could probably cook up a very simple crashcase if anyone is interested in going for the bug

Kristjan