[Stackless] broken metaclasss protocol in stackless 3.0....

Alexander Nanou alex_nanou at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 19:50:40 CEST 2004

Hi all...

  There appears to be a deficiency in the metaclass protocol in stackless3
binary release, version:
  Python 2.3.3 Stackless 3.0 040324 (#51, Mar 24 2004, 18:07:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]

// had no time yet to test it against the cvs version (plus, I do not
// know if it will compile correctly under MSVS 7.1).

the problem is as follows:
  the __call__ method of the metaclass is not called when we call the
metaclesse's object (e.g. when we call the class to create its
instance...).

the example script attached demonstrates this...

expected behavior:
  run the same script under any python version staring from 2.2 and
onwards..

Thanks.

                                                         Best Regards.
                                                                Alex...