[Stackless] Stackless and Psyco

Mellon Gibson bsdbeast at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 09:09:28 CET 2004

I can't get psyco to work with stackless, which is pretty critical for my application, as it's a tad bit too slow right now (about to 11% speed improvement would suffice to serve all clients instead of buying new hardware). Both the client and server classes are designed around GadflyB5, which needs some of the 30% speed improvements I had with just vanilla python and psyco, but then the server tasks become too slow because of the C stack fumbling that vanilla python does.Are there any plans to support psyco, is it too much work? I'm not very fond of the idea to buy brand new SMP hardware to support just 300 more clients./beast