[Stackless] Replacing regular Python

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Mar 16 17:38:23 CET 2004

Guyren G Howe wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> But the python at /usr/local/bin doesn't appear to be stackless. The
> only way I've been able to run stackless is to run python.exe from my
> src directory.

This question applies to every own Python build on the
Mac whether it is stackless or not. Please ask the
Mac list.

> And why python.exe? This is isn't windoze.

This is again not related to Stackless, but a decision of the
Python build process for Mac. It is usually choosen
for platforms which are case insensitive, because the
.exe lives in the same folder where the Python folder
is sitting.

whatever-this-is,-it-is-from-Mac-Python - ly y'rs -- chris