[Stackless] Replacing regular Python

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Mar 16 17:48:14 CET 2004

Guyren G Howe:

> But the python at /usr/local/bin doesn't appear to be stackless.
> The only way I've been able to run stackless is to run python.exe
> from my src directory.

If you type /usr/local/bin/python in a new terminal and it's
not stackless, then your install somehow failed.

If it didn't fail and you only type python in a new terminal
and it's still not stackless and you use tcsh, you might have
more luck by adding /usr/local/bin at the beginning of your
PATH, like this:

   setenv PATH "/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"

instead of my previous recommendation:

   setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local/bin"

In any case it certainly has nothing to do with Stackless.
Hope, this, finally, helps,

Dinu