[Stackless] [Fwd: Re: Stackless crash]

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Mar 12 11:51:59 CET 2004

At first inspection, lines 534-536 are not correct:
             if os.name == "posix":
                 fd = os.open(path, os.O_NONBLOCK)
                 fo = os.fdopen(fd, mode)

This code expects to create a file, but you can't os.open a file path
that doesn't exist.  Even if the path did exist, the code is not
semantically valid (I'm pretty sure O_NONBLOCK is only applicable to
non-files), at least on OS X.

When running on OS X, using my experimental implementation of
soft-switched channels, it does not crash if I force it to use the
non-posix "file(path, mode)" code.  I let it create 347 files before
breaking out of it.

-bob