[Stackless] Stackless and Psyco

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Mar 2 03:31:40 CET 2004

Mellon Gibson wrote:

>>>Python, that is, replace the main tree :)
>>
>>Now, just guess what pypy is, and who is in that
>>group. :-))
>
> Wow, didn't know about that one. It's exactly what
> we're looking for, when can one expect a resonable
> stable, fast and functional release of pypy?

We had five sprints on PyPy last year, with great success,
and we hope to have more this year.
If we get the EU funding, and I believe we will, then
I guess after two years or less, PyPy will be just great.
But this is a long path to go, a huge effort.
We are at the tip of the iceberg.

Until then, we are keeping Psyco and Stackless and Jython and
everything else alive. Their power is existance, and daily new
experience.

In the end, they will become part of PyPy.
But it would be a mistake to wait for that and not to support
what we have. They are building blocks, part of *the big trek*.

live long and prosper -- chris