[Stackless] problem with Plone (in Zope) and stackless python

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Oct 22 17:35:01 CEST 2004

Serge Renfer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm very interested in slp because we are running a zope site for
> colleges in Geneva on Sun machines. We have quite a lot of problems
> with "threading" incompatibilities between Solaris (8) and python
> threading.

I would love to see such a stackless Zope.

> I'm exploring slp to pass over these problems.
>
> With slp 3, I'v had no problem to compile Zope (2.7.2), but the problem
> comes with the Plone component (the PlacelessTranslationService,  exactly)

> AttributeError: 'stackless.modict' object has no attribute 'endswith'
>
> Has anyone a clue to let me install the whole zope setup to test slp in
> our case?

We had that before. This is no problem in Stackless 3.1, but
I didn't publish it, yet, because I think there is a hidden
bug somewhere.
But you may try if you like:

CVSROOT = :pserver:anonymous at stackless.com:/home/cvs
cvs co /src/2.3/dev

This is the developer version which is waiting to be finished.
WAY better, able to even handle a real thread as a tasklet,
much better and more soft-switching, but, as said, one of my own
application doesn't pass it, so there must be *something*.

cheers - chris

Carmerstr. 2                 :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
10623 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
work +49 30 31 86 04 18  home +49 30 802 86 56  mobile +49 173 24 18 776