W.: W.: Re: [Stackless] problem with Plone (in Zope) and stackless python

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Oct 27 18:25:28 CEST 2004

taskless at arcor.de wrote:

> Hello Serge,
>
> I am affraid you are on the wrong track trying to fix a ZOpe threading
> problem by running it on Stackless.
> The benefit of the extra parallelism provided by Stackless is available
> only to aplications written for stackless, i.e. using stackless.tasklet
> and stackless.channel objects. Zope, although theoretically could run on
> Stackless Python, was not written to use tasklets and channels.

No, but it is still implemented on top of asyncore.
And writing asyncore using tasklets and channels
is the work of a day. I did that already, but as
paid work, I cannot give it away.

ciao - chris

Carmerstr. 2                 :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
10623 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
work +49 30 31 86 04 18  home +49 30 802 86 56  mobile +49 173 24 18 776