[Stackless] how to export user-defined python class to c++?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Oct 7 17:14:09 CEST 2004

zouguangxian wrote:
> hi ,all :
>    i want to let tasklet carry some information ,so i
> hope to derive a new class game_tasklet from tasklet.
> but how i can pass game_tasklet to PyTasklet_new ?
> the boost::python did't support stackless , there
> need some work to do . anyone can give me some advice ?

This is possible but not completely trivial, because tasklets
are dynamic classes, already. I would not derive the
class in C right now, but do it in A Python script.
 From there you can import it into C and use the new
properties.
I'd propose to define new slots with the __slots__ class
entry and use these from C via the attribute interface.

ciao  -chris
Carmerstr. 2                 :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
10623 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
work +49 30 31 86 04 18  home +49 30 802 86 56  mobile +49 173 24 18 776