[Stackless] documentation volunteer

Lutz Paelike lutz_p at gmx.net
Mon Apr 4 17:53:45 CEST 2005

Hello Wolfgang,

i work together with Christian at the moment and we do a major project
together using stackless python. The project is running for over 6 month and i
can say i feel confident enough now with stackless to do some documentation work.
I felt the same confusion when i first ran into stackless but now Christian explained me a lot.

I am afraid Christian is very busy because we have to finish the project we work on and additionaly
Christian is focussing on PyPy development to integrate the stackless concepts into PyPy.
I am really busy too but maybe i can support your noble offer enough to create some good dosumentation.

I can throw in some knowledge on graphics creation to make some illustrations, graphs etc...
In fact i also filmed a presentation of Christian explaining stackless at the last stackless sprint (1 year ago, gosh
that's way too much time )
but i never put it on the net as i intended since the quality is too poor when chosing high compression settings
of the video codec. If i allow big video files quality is acceptable but distribution on the net becomes not
possible any more.

I was thinking of making a Macromedia Flash based presentation or an optimized video presentation of Stackless where
Christian explains all the important details. I ask him tomorrow..

Anyway normal textual information should be the starting point as you suggested.
Maybe i can help you either by answering questions myself if i can or just by poking Christian long enough until he
gives more information ;)

I cann assure you your effort is greatly appreciated and better documentation is really overdue.

Regards,

Lutz

--
Lutz Paelike
mail:    lutz at fxcenter.de
     lutz_p at gmx.net
pgp key id: 0xA7B25440
pgp key server: x-hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
pgp fingerprint: 9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619 305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04