[Stackless] What is stackless now?

Grant McDonald gmcdonald at infocomp.com
Thu Aug 18 03:41:12 CEST 2005

Chris,

> And that is what just happens, and why I'm in the PyPy
> project. Actually, PyPy was my answer to the problems
> to make Python Stackless:

So this is definitely one of the goals of PyPy? To allow
such a transformation to occur to a python (not CPython)?
What is the current state of implementation?

> That's it. Will take a few more years to become perfect.
> Until then, I need to finda way to keep Stackless alive.
> I'm happy that I seem to get help!

So how deep is the integration of stackless' ideas into
PyPy?

On a slightly unrelated note have you seen PEP-342? It
looks like they gave into a coroutine implementation
after all. I'm looking forward to playing around with it :)

Regards,

Grant M.