[Stackless] Speed comparision between stackless and otherintepreted languages

Hilmar V. Pétursson hilmar at ccpgames.com
Wed Jun 8 17:22:25 CEST 2005

Hi Dan,

In our experience, speed has not been an issue. Actually we were pleasantly surprised how fast it is. We implemented our game, EVE Online:
http://www.eve-online.com/

In Stackless Python, we use it extensively, both on the server and the client (EVE is an MMO with up to 13.000 concurrent players in the same world).

On the client we have a close integration with our 3D engine, which has allowed none programmers to script impressive special effects. The procedural synchronous model that stackless offers, with the natural syntax that Python offers, has in our experience allowed programmers and none programmers to write code like it should be (before the onslaught of asynchronicity and callback driven architectures took all the fun out of it :)).

Regards,

Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CTO
CCP
http://www.eve-online.com