[Stackless] Speed comparision between stackless andotherintepreted languages

Dan Partelly dan_partelly at rdsor.ro
Wed Jun 8 19:39:16 CEST 2005

Hi Hilmar,

Thanks a lot for your answer and pointer to at least one game using it. I
started to download your client, maybe Ill even take a look for a month at
the game itself.

>> natural syntax that Python offers

Indeed. I like Phython sintax more than LUA'. However I am more familiar
with LUA than Phython and stakcless especially, which I downloaded for the
first time today, and know
that LUA was activly used in a large number of games. About Phython, I only
knew about
Vampire the masquarade: Bloodlines and now Eve Online. But this convinved me
to take a
deeper look at it.

Since you already using Stackless, please allow me another question. Did you
encountered dificulties at integration (nor that I would expect those .. )?
And especially, did you encontered diffculties with script thread state
serialization ? You made your own, or you used built-in mechanims ?

Many thanks, Dan