[Stackless] Threads and Tasklets

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 19:06:30 CEST 2005

Hello Bob:

--- Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> To write a high performance socket application, you
> NEED to use  select or equivalent.  It doesn't
matter
> whether you're using  stackless or not,
>os-thread-per-connection does not scale.

Yes I know high-performance socket applications
use select() and use design patterns like Doug
Schmitt's Reactor.

Right now high performance isn't my major concern.
Clarity of code and correctness are far more
important.
I have to look at asyncore and Twisted to see how
easy they are to use.

So far I like Stackless's model. It is a bit of
an adjustment to using channels as a general
purpose synchronization mechanism. But message
passing and pipes are powerful paradigms. Occasionally
I am not sure why somethings seemingly deadlock
but I am still learning the ropes.

Now I need the Stackless that can pickle a channel....