[Stackless] Newbie Questions

Lloyd Weehuizen lloyd at fusion.net.nz
Thu Sep 29 04:30:18 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Christian Tismer wrote:

> Lloyd Weehuizen wrote:
>
>> IDEs... I'm assuming stackless isn't compatible with most Python IDEs
>> out there as it has a totally different stack format? Are there any
>> known IDEs that support stackless or do I have to print all my variables? :)
>
> You just need to copy your binary into the right place to try this,
> depending on your platform.
>
> I only use IDEs on Windows, and I'm pleased with wxPython and PythonWin.
> Tk works too, although I don't use it.

Wow, thank you for the detailed response. I am intending to use Stackless
for a server application so the gui is not so much an issue :)

Can you tell me which IDE you use with stackless? I've tried Eric3 setting
the stackless version of python as the custom debug interpretter aswell as
Wing IDE and unfortunately they both crashed apon executing python.exe :(

> It is a rare bug which showed up in a big project almost a year
> ago. I was not able to reproduce it or track it down.

Great, I might give it a whirl then :)

Thanks,
Lloyd