[Stackless] Pickling Microthreads

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 17:48:56 CEST 2005

Hello Christian:

--- Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:

> Why don't you try and tell us what breaks?

The problem is that I currently do not know enough
about microthreads and pickling to know whether
something is broken or I did something wrong.I tried
dumping the contents, but I did not get the similar
result as when I dumped a tasklet (I thought
uthreads would need a custom pickler for this to
work). I guess I could gain insights by looking at
tasklet's code although it would be easier if someone
had the answer :-)

That said, I am new to Stackless... I am still
figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of using
the uthread library and higher level tasklets
and channels for achieving my goals. So far, I
am having success with tasklets and channels.

It would help beginners if there was documentation
describing the relationship between the uthread
library and tasklets/channels.