[Stackless] Stackless and tracing (for debugger)

Harry Kalogirou harkal at sylphis3d.com
Wed Apr 26 17:43:13 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 14:09 +0000, Richard wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> Because tracing only applies to the current tasklet.  As I understand
> it, it stores and resets the tracing settings, then switches to the
> next tasklet and when it returns, it restores your tracing values
> again.  So what you are tracing would just be the main tasklet.

> What if you wrapped each tasklet created with code which installed
> your tracing hooks for it before the main tasklet code was executed.
> Could you then have your debugger provide a Stackless aware overview
> of all executing tasklets?
>
> Richard.

Hmmm.. I really don't get how the wrapping thing is possible.. The trace
functions are per OS-thread in python. My main loop is something like:

while(1){
	PyStackless_RunWatchdog(1000000);
}

The c_tracefunc reset happens inside the PyStackless_RunWatchdog()
function.
How do I get to set the trace function in a tasklet?

Best regards,
Harry Kalogirou
http://harkal.sylphis3d.com